Saturday, May 03, 2008

More and More Morels

More and more morels.  37 thursday eve.  Morel huting has consumed my life so I had to lay off a few days to meet my pink-assed employer's demands and my whinin' assed family's insecurities.  If only they knew how easily they could be summarily dismissed in favor of a lowly fungus.  Come to think of it, this magical morel season has caused me to re-think quite a few things.  But I digress...

Anyway, tonight, I egg-wash, flour and flash-freeze five pounds of my best M. Esculentas.  There'll be a fried morel feast at the C3 summer solstice show.  I just egg-wash 'em with 50% egg, 50% water with a generous portion of salt and coarse ground black pepper.  I put 'em on a cookie sheet with waxed paper, egg 'em, flour 'em, put 'em on the sheet, and toss 'em into the deep freeze.  Once frozen they go into a gas-tight bag (I use baking bags and suck the air out of them) and back into the deep freeze.

No comments: